Spring is here! The arrival of spring in Taiwan comes with beautiful cherry blossoms in all shades of pink. Here in northern coast Taiwan, we're lucky to be surrounded by thousands of cherry tree plantations. The feeling of LIFE and ENERGY inspired us to create a new Ayurvedic Detox & Renewal retreat in time to prepare our mind and body for the change in season. You can also start your own spring renewal detox right away from home. I want to share with you five simple Ayurvedic detox techniques you can do right away to FEEL ALIVE!
1. Drink lemon water. Drink one cup of warm lemon water first thing in the morning to flush out toxins, improve digestion, and boost the immune system.
2. Replace refined sugar with natural sugar. Refined sugars cause insulin resistance which can cause weight gain.
3. Use a tongue scraper. Brushing your teeth is not enough! Undigested toxins in the body reside in the tongue, scrap the tongue at night before bedtime to maintain good oral health.
4. Make lunch the biggest meal of the day. Learn to. be in sync with nature. Our digestion like the sun is the hottest / strongest between 11:00am - 2:00pm.
5. Spend time in solitude with nature. Take a walk in the forest. Beathe in the fresh air. Swim in the ocean. Quiet the mind and connect with nature's abundant life energy.