Spring is here! The arrival of spring in Taiwan comes with beautiful cherry blossoms in all shades of pink. We're surrounded by thousands of cherry tree plantations along the northern coastline. The feeling of LIFE and ENERGY inspired us to create a brand new Ayurvedic detox retreat (stay tuned for details). You can also start your own spring renewal detox right away from home. We want to share with you five simple ayurvedic detox techniques you can do right away to FEEL ALIVE!
1. Drink lemon water. Drink one cup of warm lemon water first thing in the morning to flush out toxins, improve digestion, and boost the immune system.
2. Replace refined sugar with natural sugar. Refined sugars cause insulin resistance which can cause weight gain.
3. Use a tongue scraper. Brushing your teeth is not enough! Undigested toxins in the body reside in the tongue, scrap the tongue at night before bedtime to maintain good oral health.
4. Make lunch the biggest meal of the day. Learn to. be in sync with nature. Our digestion like the sun is the hottest / strongest between 11:00am - 2:00pm.
5. Spend time in solitude with nature. Take a walk in the forest. Beathe in the fresh air. Swim in the ocean. Quiet the mind and connect with nature's abundant life energy.
Zen Wisdom & Inspiration
"Why am I doing this?"
Ask yourself this question often.
Take time to reflect on your journey.
Remember your origin, your initial intentions, your burning desires that motivated you to take the very first step. Reflecting on the beginning will shed light on the present to give you courage and guide you on the right path.
- Zen Master Chang -
Experience the Real Taiwan
It's flower season! Our favourite place to admire flowers is Bamboo Lake inside Yangmingshan National Park. Every March, the lake is surrounded by pristine white calla lilies covering more than 13 hectares. We had an impromptu yoga session at the Bamboo Lake during our Signature Weekend Retreat last weekend. What a gorgeous backdrop to inspire our yoga practice!
Yoga + Wild Food Adventure in Canada
What You'll Need
1/4 cup applesauce
1 tsp vanilla
2 tsp flaxseed
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup grapeseed oil
1 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
3 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/4 cups flour
1/4 cup soy yoghurt or soy milk
1 cup grated carrots
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Bake Time: 45 minutes
Yield: 10-12 servings
How to Make It
* Try making coconut whip cream from scratch! Refrigerating a can of coconut milk overnight. Scoop coconut cream solids into a cold mixing bowl. Beat coconut cream using an electric mixer with chilled beaters until creamy and frothy (add in sugar and vanilla as desired).
Hello beautiful people! I'm Lydia, a yogi that quit her corporate job in Canada to open a yoga retreat in Taiwan, my home country.
I enjoy teaching yoga and meditation to others. I love exploring Taipei to find new and exciting hidden gems to share with my guests. I also like to live a mindful life, trying to not create harm to animals or the environment.
This blog is a compilation of places to see in northern Taiwan, healthy delicious vegetarian/vegan recipes, upcoming retreats and events, words of wisdom from my father, Zen Master Chang, Ayurvedic lifestyle tips, and much much more.